Claremore National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name Jamie Brace
- Contact Information email@example.com
- Phone: 918-923-4211 x3029
- School Location Claremore, OK
- Media Link
Chickasha National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name Dana Turpin
- Contact Information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 405-222-6550
- School Location Chickasha, OK
- Officers: None Listed
- Meeting days and times: Not regular
- Requirements for joining Chapter 3.5, letter attesting to character, activities, faculty approval
- Special Projects for the Year: None currently
Deer Creek High School's chapter of National Honor Society
- Sponsor's Name: Dionne Liebl
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- School Location: Deer Creek High School 6101 NW 206th Street, Edmond, OK 73012
- Officers: President: Inaara Soomar, Vice President: Jillian Michael, Junior President: Seth Nall, Junior VP: Emerson Turner, Secretary: Gracie Donnell, Treasurer: Brennan Doherty, Historian: Ellory Myers
- Meeting days and times: First Wednesday and Thursday of every month
- Requirements for joining Chapter: 3.85 weighted GPA or higher, good standing in the school, commitment to service and leadership
- Special Projects for the Year: numerous: We assist the Regional Food Bank and local charities, including Hope Chest, Wings, Redman Triathlon, etc., and we donate to many different drives, such as the warm clothing drives for the homeless, Infant Crisis Center, CASA, Standing Rock, etc., and we participate in carnivals, concessions, STEM nights, and various other activities of our feeder schools.
Del City High School Chapter of National Honor Society
- Sponsors Names: Amanda Jenkins
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location: 1900 S Sunnylane Rd, Del City, OK 73115
- Officers: President Ethan Ho, Vice President Alyssa Arbertha, Secretary - Kari Hampton, Treasurer - Khmari Edwards, Reporter - Kiara McFadden, Parliamentarian Taylor Sherwan
- Meeting days and times: First Tuesday of the Month at Lunch or After School.
- Requirements for joining Chapter: 3.5 GPA, Fill out their application and pay their dues
- Special Projects for the Year: Clean the Creek, Haunt the Zoo, The Big Event, Christmas dog toys for the animal shelter. We also do a service activity every month.
Edison Preparatory High School Chapter of National Honor Society
- Sponsors Names: Gerald Griffin
- Contact Information: GriffGe@TulsaSchools.org
- School Location: 2906 E. 41st St. Tulsa, OK 74105
- Officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian, and two Junior Officers
- Meeting days and times: First and Third Friday Before School and After School in Eagle 1 Conference Room.
- Requirements for joining Chapter: 3.4 Cum Weighted GPA, Fill out the application, pay dues and complete community service
- Special Projects for the Year: Teacher Appreciation, HallowZooWeen, Fun Run, Salvation Army, SPCA, Tulsa Food Bank.
Eisenhower Senior High School Chapter of National Honor Society
- Sponsors Names: Mrs. Roose and Mrs. Treadwell
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- School Location: 5202 West Gore Blvd., Lawton, Oklahoma
- Officers: President McKenzi Pettit, Vice-President Asia Allen, Secretary Gabhriel Barber, Treasurer Eric Miller
- Meeting days and times: The first Tuesday of each month during 8th hour.
- Requirements for joining Chapter: must have a cumulative 3.5 GPA at the end of the first semester of their 9th grade year.
- Special Projects for the Year: Teacher Appreciation, 3.5 reception for all students after the 1st trimester, Talent Show, Blood Drive, Pennies for Patients
Fort Gibson High School Chapter of National Honor Society
- Sponsors Names: Lindsey Keeling and Kelli West
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- School Location: Fort Gibson, OK
- Officers: President, President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Parliamentarian, Sergeant-at-Arms, Historian
- Meeting days and times: once per month on a Tuesday
- Requirements for joining Chapter: 3.5 Cum Weighted GPA, “Candidate Form”, approved by Faculty Council
- Special Projects for the Year: Teacher Appreciation, 3.5 reception for all students after the 1st trimester, Talent Show, Blood Drive, Pennies for Patients
Guthrie High School Chapter of National Honor Society
- Sponsor Name: Allison Lee Lucas
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location: 200 Crooks Drive, Guthrie, OK 73044, (405) 282-5968 Office
- Requirements for joining Chapter: 3.5 Cumulative GPA, Good standing with school, community service hours completed
- Officers: Robbie Kuriger, Audrey Hamby, Morgan Truitt, Brianna Flowers, Loren Irwin, Sierra Yother, Lilli Goode
Guymon High School National Honor Society
- Sponsor Name: Laura Brandherm
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- School Location: 2002 N. James, Guymon, OK 73942
- Officers: President-Justin Stonecipher; Vice President-Karlee Cotter; Treasurer-Dylan Kemp; Secretary-Dylan Portillo
- Meeting days and times: Second and fourth Tuesday, 10:00
- Requirements for joining Chapter: 3.5 GPA; at least 2 extra-curricular activities; at least 2 leadership roles; at least 10 service hours; positive teacher evaluations
- Special Projects for the Year: Volunteer at grade school carnival, Christmas gifts for kids, one local and one national charity determined each year
John Marshall High School National Honor Society
- Sponsor's Name: Jake Steel
- Contact info: Jake Steel, (913) 749-3746, JDSTEEL1@OKCPS.ORG
- Location: John Marshall Mid-High School, 12201 Portalnd Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73120, (405)587-7200
- Officers: NA
- Meeting Days & Time: (No set pattern, yet)
- Chapter Requirements: 3.0 GPA, Individual service hours (TBD), Re-establishing Chapter Requirements
- Special Project: still determining the project
Lucille Waller Chapter of the National Honor Society
- Sponsor's Name: Julie Chisum
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location: Hydro-Eakly Public Schools
- Meeting days and times: 1st Friday of the month @ 12:00 pm
Lindsay High School Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name: Leandra Gentry
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- School Location: 800 W Creek Lindsay, OK 73052
- Meeting days and time: First Monday of each month at noon.
- Requirements for membership: By invitation only; 3.5 GPA; JR or SR; completion of application, teacher evaluation, and recommendation letter from someone other than a teacher. Committee made up of teachers then select those who meet requirements. Students must maintain GPA and complete at least 35 documented service hours during each semester.
- Special Projects: Red Ribbon Week, Valentines for Elementary students, Relay for Life, Monetary donations for food baskets at Christmas, Teacher Appreciation gifts, Middle School tutoring
Mannford National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name: Jennifer Ellis
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location: Mannford, OK
- Officers: Lilly Garner, President, KJ Thomas, Vice-President, Shelby Bartlett, Secretary, Tessa Hill, Treasurer
- Meeting days and times: Usually at noon as needed.
- Requirements for joining Chapter: Maintain at least a 3.50 cumulative grade point average. Complete 20 hours of individual service. Participate in the annual chapter project.
- Special Projects for the Year: The Mannford chapter of the National Honor Society raised $6337 for the 32st Annual Santa Project! We were able to purchase Christmas gifts for 127 local children on the Spirit of Christmas Tree at Mannford American Heritage Bank and provide Christmas stockings to 10 high school students. The lessons the NHS students learn go beyond the curriculum we teach in our classes! They learn about giving of themselves, to live generously, and to be thankful for what they have. They learn how to spend $50 and get the absolute best value for the money to make another child's Christmas morning one of joy! Most importantly, this experience makes them more aware of the needs of others around them. Years down the road, many of these students will reflect back to the Santa Project being one of their best high school memories!
Maysville National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name: Ms. Rhonda Blish, Sponsor
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 405-867-5595
- School Location: 600 1st St Maysville, Ok 73057
- Requirements for joining Chapter: NHS members must have a 3.25 GPA at the beginning of each school year to be eligible for membership.
- Officers: President Justus Harris, Vice-President Daniel House, Secretary/Treasurer: Shyann McWhirter
- Special Projects for 16-17: Food Drive for Maysville, all members were required to assist with (5) cans of fruit or vegetables, these items were collected and donated to "Christmas in Maysville". Approximately 75 baskets of food were distributed to needy families at Christmas, we were involved with a local church. The church provides a ham and dairy products along with our items and FCCLA members assisted as well.
A basketball game will be held in March with NHS members and faculty playing. The proceeds will be given to deserving seniors for scholarships which follow the criteria.
MILLWOOD HIGH SCHOOL National Honor Society
- Sponsor's Name: Ardrea Smith, EdD Spanish Teacher
- Contact Information: 405-478-0504 Ext. 4202 firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location: Millwood High School 6718 Martin Luther King Ave. Room B2 OKC, OK 73111
- Officers: Domonique Bruner – President, Ternisha Bruner – Vice President, Kia Jana Jackson – Secretary, Arlan Brown – Treasurer, Andrew Johnson – Historian, Christian Coleman – Community Service Chairperson, Makala Franklin – Public Relations/Communications Chair, Raeven Franklin – Hospitality Chair, Skye Holmes – Parlimentarian
- Meeting days and times: Officers – 2nd Tuesday of the month; whole membership- 2nd Thursday, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Requirements for joining Chapter: Cumulative grade point average of 3:25 on a 4.0 scale, Participation in extra-curricular activities, Elected or appointed leadership positions in school, community or work activities, Community service activities, Paid or volunteer job experiences, Honors and/or recognitions, Essay on the four pillars of NHS
- Special Projects for the Year: Assist with Millwood Public School Food Bank (ongoing) Toy drive (collaboration with MHS Senior Class of 2017) SoonerThon (collaboration with Academic Team) Glow Run (collaboration with Millwood Football Dept.), Assist with community playground build
Minco High School National Honor Society
- Sponsor's Name: Gwen Stelle
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- School Location: Minco, OK
- Special Projects for the Year: On going chapter project to recycle paper and cardboard used by the school.
- 2016-2017 Project was to clean up the tennis courts and repaint playground equipment and picnic structures at Bill Johnson Park located in Minco, OK
Mooreland National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name: Suzy Kruckenberg
- Contact Information: Kruckenberg@mooreland.k12.ok.us
- Phone: (580) 994-5426
- School Location: Mooreland High School, P.O. Box 75, Mooreland, OK 73852
- Officers: President: Stefanie Meuer, Vice President: Lauren Burrow, Secretary: Jozie Kizer, Treasurer: Brogan Sears, Student Council Representatives: Austin Woods and Logan Maher, Reporter: Faith Burling, Sergeant at Arms: Hayes Maher
- Meeting days and times: As needed
- Requirements for joining Chapter: The requirements for joining the Mooreland NHS begin with a minimum GPA of 3.5, then, the students must demonstrate leadership and be involved in school and community activities.
- Special Projects for the Year:
- The Mooreland NHS bakes cookies for each high school and junior high school academic meet.
- Members wash previously used baby clothes for The Pregnancy Center.
- Two members shop for Christmas gifts for a child in Mooreland and then the NHS group wraps all the Christmas gifts that had been donated by the community for the local Christmas Angel Project. Each year, the members wrap approximately 200 packages and then help deliver the gifts to the families.
- NHS members dress up as a character from a book, and then read the book to pre-school children.
- Following severe weather, NHS members clean yards in the community.
Putnam City High School National Honor Society
- Sponsors Names: Linda Evans and Bill Pearsall
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location: 5300 NW 50th, Oklahoma City
- Meeting Times and Days: Alternating Tuesdays at 7:40 and 3:15
- Requirements for joining Chapter: We follow the national guidelines.
- Special Projects: We have a year-long commitment to helping with one or our district elementary school's after school program.
Skiatook High School National Honor Society
- Sponsors Names: Angie Garrison and Catherine Irving
- Contact Information: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Phone: (918) 396-1790
- School Location: Skiatook High School, 355 S. Osage, Skiatook, OK 74070
- NHS Chapter Website: http://nhs989.wix.com/skiatook-nhs
- 2016-17 Officers: President: Marlie Adams, Co Vice-Presidents: Jerry Hollomon and Emily Taylor, Secretary: Rosa Guardiola, Treasurer: Abby Rush, Parliamentarian: Mallory Jackson, Historian: Olivia Jones
- Meeting Days and Times: Meets the second Wednesday of the month during lunch.
- Requirements to join Chapter: Students with a 3.5 GPA are asked to apply. Application includes community service, leadership, activities, and a written essay. A faculty team gives a score, which determines if the student is asked to join.
- Special Projects: Our chapter has recently implemented a team approach, with teams specializing in different service projects such as partnering with the local food bank, nursing home, animal shelter, etc..
Tuttle Chapter of the National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name: Carolyn Rowbottom
- Sponsor Contact: email@example.com
- School Location: 300 N Cimarron Rd. Tuttle, OK
- Our Officers are: President - Cody Watson , Vice President - Jackson Rowbottom, Secretary - Emma Tripp, Reporter - Rachel Vowell, Student Council Representative - Joshua Valdez
- Meeting Days and Times: Not regular, but we try and meet three times per semester. It’s more if students are on one of the committees.
- Requirements to join Chapter: We require a minimum 3.80 GPA to receive a nomination. Following their nomination. A student must complete and submit a candidate form which details their school activities and community service. They must also submit a personal essay and two letters of recommendation. These are reviewed by our five member faculty council, and our members our selected by that council.
- Special Projects: The Tuttle NHS Chapter fills shoe boxes for needed children as well as participate in the Christmas Toy Drive.
Weatherford High School National Honor Society
- Sponsor’s Name: Stephanie Hogan
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 1-580-772-3385
- School Location: Weatherford High School, 1500 N. Washington, Weatherford, Oklahoma 73096
- Officers: President: Cassidy Moses, Vice President: Abbagail Agan, Secretary: Jada Graybill, Treasurer: Lauren Hartsell, Reporter: Ashlynn Karlin
- Requirements for joining Chapter:
3.6 GPA, 2 Honors Classes per year, Distinguished Scholar Plan, NHS Board approval, Teacher Recommendations, School Involvement, and 30+ Service Hours
- Meeting Times: We meet 2 Times in the Fall and 2 times in the Spring plus 1 meeting for the Group Project
- Special Projects:
5K in honor of a former Weatherford teacher who was recently diagnosed with ALS. Proceeds go to the Blaze Foundation.Small Projects: Supportive Stickies on every student's locker, Operation Christmas Child box drive, NHS Chapter votes in the Food and Resource Bank "Can Sculptures" competition, Teacher Appreciation
Wetumka National Honor Society
- Sponsor's Name: Roxie Auld
- Contact Information: 405-452-3291
- School Location: Wetumka, Ok